St Oswald's in Ravenstonedale is of special interest because of its three-decker pulpit and collegiate pews. Also noteworthy is an excavation of Gilbertine ruins in the grounds. See also Friends of St Oswald's Ravenstonedale.
Visitors receive a warm welcome to all our services. St.Oswald's Ravenstonedale is part of a United Benefice with St. James' Tebay and All Saints Orton.
|First Sunday||8.30am||Holy Communion|
|Third Sunday||6.30pm**||Holy Eucharist (Common Worship)|
|Fifth Sunday||Shared service between St.Oswald's, St. James' (Tebay) and All Saints (Orton)|
** Changes to 3.15pm from Nov 1st to March 31st.
Vicar: Beverley Lock 015396 24045
Secretary: Caroline Morris 015396 23308
Treasurer: Clive Wigley 017683 51575
Wardens: Charles Wildman 015396 23424, Ann Brownrigg 015396 23594
Index of Gravestones
Those wishing to trace their ancestry may be interested in the Index of Gravestones in the church grounds. The index draws on a manuscript survey completed in 1994 by Mrs.C Bunney (1910-1995) of Hwith, Ravenstonedale.
Index of Flowers
There are a surprising variety of plants in the grounds of St Oswald's which have now been categorised - Index of Flowers.
Fothergill gathering 2006
Fund raising 2004
Fund raising 2003